Send Money Anytime, Anywhere
Whether it’s this month’s rent or your share of a dinner bill, send money directly and securely from your bank account with Interac e-Transfer. No cash, no cheques – it’s safe, easy and fast.
How can you use Interac e-Transfer?
Learn more about the many ways to power your everyday with Interac e-Transfer:
Nearly all Canadian banks and credit unions offer Interac e-Transfer. To view the full list, click here.
How-To: Send money with Interac e-Transfer
How do you send money with Interac e-Transfer? You and the recipient each need your own:
- Account with a participating bank or credit union
- Active email address or mobile phone number
To send, follow the easy-to-use instructions on screen:
- Log into your online or mobile banking app and select the account.
- Choose or add your recipient’s email or mobile number.
- Enter the amount and a security question (no need if the recipient has registered for Interac e-Transfer® Autodeposit).
That’s all. Just make sure you safely share the security answer with your recipient. Better yet, have your recipient register for Interac e-Transfer Autodeposit for ease and added security.
Important: Make sure your security answer isn’t obvious and don’t share it in the Interac e-Transfer email notification message, Click here to learn more about security.
How-To: Accept money with Interac e-Transfer
This is what you need to do when you receive money via Interac e-Transfer:
- Check your email inbox, text messages, bank or credit union app.
- Follow the instructions to login to your account and enter the security answer.
You can use Interac e-Transfer at over 250 participating financial institutions:
Filter by Alphabet
- B2B Bank
- BMO Bank of Montreal
- Bay Credit Union
- Bayshore Credit Union
- Bayview Credit Union
- Beaubear Credit Union
- Belgian Alliance Credit Union
- Bengough Credit Union
- Biggar & District Credit Union
- Blackville Credit Union
- BlueShore Financial
- Bow Valley Credit Union
- Bruno Credit Union
- Buduchnist Credit Union
- Bulkley Valley Credit Union
- CECC Credit Union
- CTC Bank
- Caisse Alliance
- Caisse Financial Group
- Caisse Populaire de Clare
- Cambrian Credit Union
- Canadian Western Bank
- Cape Breton Credit Union
- Carpathia Credit Union
- Casera Credit Union
- Christian Credit Union
- Churchbridge Credit Union
- Coast Capital Savings Credit Union
- Coastal Community Credit Union
- Coastal Financial Credit Union
- Columbia Valley Credit Union
- Community Credit Union of Cumberland Colchester
- Community First, A division of Your Neighbourhood Credit Union
- Community NL Credit Union
- Community Savings Credit Union
- Compass Credit Union
- Compensation Employees Credit Union
- Comtech Fire Credit Union
- Conexus Credit Union
- Connect First Credit Union
- Consolidated Credit Union
- Copperfin Credit Union
- Cornerstone Credit Union
- Creative Arts Financial
- Creston & District Credit Union
- Crocus Credit Union
- Crossroads Credit Union
- Cypress Credit Union
- EQ Bank
- Eagle River Credit Union
- Earl Grey Credit Union
- East Coast Credit Union
- East Kootenay Community Credit Union
- EasternEdge Credit Union
- Edam Credit Union
- Encompass Credit Union
- Entegra Credit Union
- Envision Financial, A Division of First West Credit Union
- Equity Credit Union
- Evangéline-Central Credit Union
- NBTA Credit Union
- National Bank of Canada
- Nelson Credit Union
- Neo Money by Concentra Bank
- New Community Credit Union
- New Ross Credit Union
- New Waterford Credit Union
- Newfoundland and Labrador Credit Union
- Niverville Credit Union
- North Peace Savings & Credit Union
- North Sydney Credit Union
- North Valley Credit Union
- Northern Birch Credit Union Limited
- Northern Credit Union
- Northern Savings Credit Union
- Noventis Credit Union
- PACE Credit Union
- PARAMA Credit Union
- PC Financial
- Pathwise Credit Union
- Peace Hills Trust
- PenFinancial Credit Union
- Peoples Trust Company
- Polish Parishes Credit Union
- Prairie Centre Credit Union
- Prairie Pride Credit Union
- Princess Credit Union
- Progressive Credit Union
- Prospera Credit Union
- Provincial Credit Union
- Provincial Government Employees Credit Union
- Public Service Credit Union
- SBI Canada Bank
- Salmon Arm Savings and Credit Union
- Sandhills Credit Union
- Saskatoon City Employees Credit Union
- Saven Financial
- Servus Credit Union Ltd.
- Sharons Credit Union
- Simplii Financial
- Solutions Banking – Freedom 55 Financial
- Solutions Banking – Great-West Life
- Solutions Banking – Investors Group
- Souris Credit Union
- Southwest Regional Credit Union
- Spruce Credit Union
- St. Gregor Credit Union
- St. Joseph’s Credit Union
- St. Stanislaus – St. Casimir’s Polish
- Steinbach Credit Union
- Stoughton Credit Union
- Stride Credit Union
- Sudbury Credit Union
- Summerland Credit Union
- Sunova Credit Union
- Sunrise Credit Union
- Sunshine Coast Credit Union
- Swan Valley Credit Union
- Sydney Credit Union
- Synergy Credit Union
Register for Interac e-Transfer Autodeposit, because you have better things to do than worry about remembering a password.Learn More
How long does it take to receive money with Interac e-Transfer? Find the answer to this and other common questions.Learn More
Security is a Priority
Learn about how we keep money secure with Interac e-Transfer – and what you should do on your end, too.Learn More
Number of Agent locations may vary.
Availability subject to your participating financial institution’s policies. Please contact your participating financial institution for details.
Availability subject to participating financial institution’s policies and online banking functionality.
Funds may be delayed or services unavailable based on certain transaction conditions, including amount sent, destination country, currency availability, regulatory issues, identification requirements, Agent location hours, differences in time zones, or selection of delayed options. Additional Restrictions may apply.
A test question may be required for some or all money transfers received in certain international destinations, and in those destinations, the recipient may be required to provide either valid identification or the correct answer to the test question, or both, to receive the funds. Please contact your participating financial institution for details.
Payments will be made in the currency of the destination country (except in a limited number of instances where payment is made in U.S. dollars or other currency through a Western Union Agent in the destination country). There are no additional recipient fees, unless otherwise noted. Please contact your participating financial institution for details.
Pre-confirmed recipient amounts will not be provided for certain countries. In any such case, you will be notified in advance. Please contact your participating financial institution for details. Western Union also makes money on currency exchange.
*The WESTERN UNION name, logo and related trademarks and service marks are owned by Western Union Holdings, Inc. Used with permission.