Pay at checkout with the comfort of best-in-class security
Interac Debit Security
Use Interac® Debit confidently, knowing we’ve put the right security measures in place for your debit card:
And this applies to all Interac Debit-related products and services:
- Interac Debit
- Interac® Cash
- Interac Flash
- Interac® Debit on Mobile
- Interac® Debit for In-App and In-Browser Payments
- Interac® Online
- Cross-Border Debit
Want to know more about EMV and the commitment your bank or credit union makes as an Interac debit card? View our Business Security page.
Safe usage tips
- Keep your banking information private.
- Select a unique Interac Debit PIN, memorize it and keep it confidential.
- When making an Interac Debit transaction, you should be the only one to insert your card into the point-of-sale terminal.
- Notify your bank or credit union immediately if your Interac debit card or mobile device is lost or stolen.
- Check your banking statements regularly and contact your bank or credit union immediately if you detect any unusual transactions.
- If you suspect anything unusual when using an ABM or point-of-sale terminal do not use the machine and report it to your bank or credit union or the ABM owner immediately.
Interac Flash Transaction Tip: You should be the only one to hold your card in front of a terminal to make a purchase.
What to do if there’s an issue
- Contact your bank or credit union to make a claim
- The institution will investigate
- You’ll be reimbursed for losses resulting beyond your reasonable control
INTERAC debit card fraud* losses
Losses to Financial Institutions
|Year||Dollars lost to INTERAC debit card fraud||Cardholders Reimbursed|
*as a result of skimming