Transfer funds overseas
Send Money Internationally
Now adding global power: Send money internationally from your Canadian account wherever you are, in collaboration with Mastercard® and Western Union®.
It’s the same secure, easy-to-use Interac service, only global.*
International Transfer by Mastercard and Interac
How-To: Send money through International Transfer
How do you send money with International Transfer by MasterCard and Interac? You need your own:
To send, follow the easy-to-use instructions on screen:
- Log into your online or mobile banking app and select the account.
- Select “Send Money” > International and then select the recipient’s destination and banking information.
- Your request is sent to the recipient and you will receive a notification via email when the funds have been sent.
- Funds are directly sent to the recipient’s bank account.
Participating financial institutions include:
Western Union money transfers via Interac e-Transfer
How do you send money transfers with Western Union® via Interac e-Transfer®?
- Log in to online banking at a participating financial institution and go to the Western Union money transfers via Interac e-Transfer section to enter the recipient’s information.
- Enter the required fields and confirm your money transfer. If a recipient email address is provided, the recipient is notified that a money transfer has been sent.
- Once you have confirmed your money transfer, you will receive a MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number).
- Securely provide the MTCN to the recipient and let them know to head to a Western Union location in their country or state with valid ID.
How-To: Accept Western Union money transfers via Interac e-Transfer
To receive a transfer via Interac e-Transfer and Western Union, you must visit a Western Union location and present:
Check to see if your bank or credit union lets you send money transfers overseas for pickup at Western Union locations around the world:
How did Interac became one of the most trusted financial service brands?Learn More
Have questions about Interac e-Transfer? Check out our Support section.Explore Now
Security is A Priority
Discover how we keep your Interac e-Transfer activity secure – and what you should do, too.Learn More
Number of Agent locations may vary.
Availability subject to your participating financial institution’s policies. Please contact your participating financial institution for details.
Availability subject to participating financial institution’s policies and online banking functionality.
Funds may be delayed or services unavailable based on certain transaction conditions, including amount sent, destination country, currency availability, regulatory issues, identification requirements, Agent location hours, differences in time zones, or selection of delayed options. Additional Restrictions may apply.
A test question may be required for some or all money transfers received in certain international destinations, and in those destinations, the recipient may be required to provide either valid identification or the correct answer to the test question, or both, to receive the funds. Please contact your participating financial institution for details.
Payments will be made in the currency of the destination country (except in a limited number of instances where payment is made in U.S. dollars or other currency through a Western Union Agent in the destination country). There are no additional recipient fees, unless otherwise noted. Please contact your participating financial institution for details.
Pre-confirmed recipient amounts will not be provided for certain countries. In any such case, you will be notified in advance. Please contact your participating financial institution for details. Western Union also makes money on currency exchange.
*The WESTERN UNION name, logo and related trademarks and service marks are owned by Western Union Holdings, Inc. Used with permission.