The Ombudsman’s Office
We are taking extra precautions to keep our employees and clients safe during the COVID-19 pandemic while maintaining business continuity. Response times will likely be longer due to a number of resource constraints affecting Interac Corp., our financial institution partners and the payments industry at large. To ensure that we receive your correspondence in a timely manner, please submit your complaint by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Model and Mandate
Interac Corp. employs an “organizational ombudsman” model, wherein a designated office provides conflict resolution and problem-solving services, both to external parties (e.g., client/customers and end-users) and internal parties (e.g., managers and employees). The Ombudsman’s Office has a broad mandate to facilitate the resolution of problems and issues primarily through mediation, negotiation, referrals and shuttle diplomacy. We endeavour to handle all disputes fairly, respectfully, efficiently and transparently.
We leverage the following to achieve successful outcomes:
- Institutional knowledge and organizational agility;
- Understanding of the organization’s business objectives and competing interests;
- Proficiency in dealing with external parties at all levels;
- Focused attention to listening, questioning and clarifying; and
- Ability to surface problems; reframe issues, recommend solutions and document outcomes.
We employ the following to ensure the integrity of our operations:
- Confidentiality and discretion;
- Principles of good governance;
- Standards of fairness and equitable treatment;
- Consistent, systematic approach to the resolution of complaints; and
- Commitment to act ethically and in good faith.
Interac’s Ombudsman is responsible for the organization’s accountability, governance and oversight functions.
Inquiries and complaints may be submitted by mail, fax, email or phone.
- We will acknowledge your request within two business days.
- Most investigations are concluded within four to eight weeks. In the event that we are unable to resolve the matter within that time period, a notice will be provided estimating the anticipated completion date.
- At any time during the complaint handling process, you may request information on the status by contacting us at email@example.com.