Terms & Conditions
Last updated: November 2nd, 2021
Copyright © 1998 – 2008 Interac Inc., All Rights Reserved.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT YOUR USE OF THE INTERAC WEBSITE IS SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
The following sets forth the terms and conditions for the use of the www.interac.ca website imposed by Interac Association, Interac Inc. and Acxsys Corporation (collectively, “we” or “us” or the “sponsor”). Visitors to our website (“you” or “your”) are subject to these terms and conditions.
Intellectual property notice
The materials available from this Interac website are protected by copyright, trade-mark and other forms of proprietary rights and are owned or controlled by Interac Inc., Acxsys Corporation or the respective owners.
You may browse this website for information and educational purposes only, and you may not use, distribute, modify, transmit, revise, reverse engineer, republish, post or create derivative works of the contents of this website without our prior written permission.
Look and feel
Elements of this website are protected by trade dress and other laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part. All right, title and interest in and to such
content, is owned, licensed or controlled by us or the respective third party, as the case may be.
The following are registered trade-marks of Interac Inc.:
- the word Interac
- the Interac design
- “Swipe the Stripe”
- “Smarter than Cash”
- “Plus brillant que l’argent”
- PINpad design with “OK”
- “Appuyez sur O.K.”
- “PROTECT YOUR PIN”
- “PROTEGEZ VOTRE NIP”
- Hands & Keypad design
- Everyday Simply
- Tous les jours, tout simplement
- The Armoured Car Logo
You are not permitted to use the trade-marks displayed on this website without the prior written consent of Interac Inc.
CertaPay word and design are trade-marks of Acxsys Corporation. You are not permitted to use the CertaPay trade-marks without the prior written consent of Acxsys Corporation.
Links to other sites
This website provides links to third party websites which are not maintained or controlled by us. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information available via linked third party websites, or endorse their products or services, or endorse any opinions expressed on such sites.
Unless you have a written agreement in effect with us that states otherwise, you may only provide a hypertext link to the Interac website from your website, provided that:
- the link is a text-only link clearly marked “Interac Home Page” or “www.interac.ca”;
- the link points to the URL “https://www.interac.ca” and not to any other page within the Interac website;
- the appearance, position and other aspects of the link on your website does not damage or dilute the goodwill associated with our names or trade-marks;
- the appearance, position and other aspects of the link does not create the false appearance that any entity is associated with or sponsored by us;
- the link, when activated by a user, displays the Interac website full-screen and not within a “frame” on the linked website; and
- we reserve the right to revoke its consent to the link at any time in its sole discretion
Our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information is governed by our Privacy Statement, as may be amended from time to time.
Applicable laws and regulations
This website (excluding linked sites) is controlled by our service provider from its offices in Ontario, Canada. By accessing this website, you and the sponsor. agree that all matters relating to your access to, or use of, this website shall be governed by the statutes and laws of Canada and Ontario, without regard to the conflicts of laws principles thereof. You and the sponsor also agree and hereby submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the Province of Ontario with respect to such matters.