Personal Information Access Request
I. Managing your personal information access request
If you think that your personal information has been improperly collected, used, or disclosed by Interac, or if you have a request or concern with respect to your personal information in our records, you may contact us and voice your concern in writing to our Privacy Office through the following channels.
- By email at: email@example.com
- By mail at Interac Corp., Royal Bank Plaza, North Tower, P.O. Box 45, 200 Bay Street, Suite 2400, Toronto ON M5J 2J1 (Attention: Privacy Office)
Be sure to include enough information for us to identify you in our records (e.g. full name, account numbers, address) and to contact you. It would also be useful for you to include the following information.
- Explain the reason why you are contacting us.
- Provide details about your concern or request and the specific issue. Briefly explain what occurred and, if applicable, what impact it has had on you.
- If appropriate, state the specific action you would like us to take.
If you require help preparing your request, please feel free to reach out to us for assistance.
II. We take your request to access personal information seriously
We will acknowledge receipt of your communication in a timely manner. We may also contact you to collect or clarify relevant information with respect to your concern or request.
We will respond to your request in writing within thirty (30) calendar days of our receipt of your original correspondence (unless, under specific circumstances, we require an extension of that time limit).
If you are not satisfied with our resolution of your personal information access request or concern, you can contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada directly for additional information.