lnterac verification service
How do I update personal information in the app?
Your information resides with your trusted Connections and the trusted service providers with which you have chosen to share it. To update your personal information, please contact the participating organization that holds your information, such as your financial institution.
What is required for setting up my Interac verification service account and what information do I need?
You must have an active and eligible online bank account with one of the participating financial institutions to enroll in and use the Interac verification service. Please reach out to the participating financial institution with which you want to create your account to learn what is required to create an Interac verification service account with them.
How do I close my Interac verification service account or unregister?
If you delete your Interac verification service account you will no longer be able to log in, access Connections or view your transaction history. Deleting your Interac verification service account does not impact your personal information at any of your Connections or the places you have shared it with through the Interac verification service.
If you wish to use the Interac verification service again in the future, you will need to complete the Interac verification service registration process and re-establish your Connections.
In the mobile app:
To delete your Interac verification service account
- Open the Interac verification service app.
- Authenticate yourself using your online and mobile banking credentials with the financial institution you used when enrolling in the Interac verification service
- Once you have successfully logged into Interac verification service, tap on “Settings” at the bottom of the Home screen.
- On the Settings screen, tap “Delete Interac verification service account.”
- The Interacverification service app will display the consequences of deleting your account. Tap “Delete Interac Verification Account” to continue.
- You will be prompted to confirm your decision. Tap “Delete.”
- For your protection, you’ll be asked to re-authenticate yourself using your online and mobile banking credentials with your financial institution. Tap “Go to [financial institution’s Name].”
- Following successful authentication, Interac verification service will process and complete the deletion of your Interac verification service account.
- Once the process has been completed, Interac verification service will display a message informing you that your account has been successfully deleted.
With the browser-based version of Interac verification service:
To delete your Interac verification service account:
- A message will display, informing you that you are about to delete your Interac verification service account and explaining what this action entails.
- If you wish to proceed with account deletion, click on the red “Delete Interac verification service account” button at the bottom of the message.
- After clicking the “Delete Interac verification service account” button, a pop-up message will appear, asking you to confirm your decision. If you wish to proceed, click on “Delete”.
- After confirming that you wish to delete your Interac verification service account, you will be asked to authenticate with your financial institution to complete the action. At this point, the logos of the participating financial institutions will be displayed. Click on the logo of the financial institution with which you have set up your Interac verification service account to continue.
- After selecting your financial institution, you will be redirected to their website to authenticate with them.
- Following successful authentication, a message will appear, confirming that you have successfully deleted your Interac verification service account.
lnterac sign-in service
What is Interac® sign-in service?
The Interac® sign-in service is a convenient way to access online services – instead of creating and managing a new username and password for accessing online services, you access them by signing in with your online bank, or other participating “Sign-In Partner”.
What is the difference between Government Sign-In by Verified.Me and Interac® sign-in service?
Government Sign-In by Verified.Me is now Interac® sign-in service. For you, nothing changes. You can continue to rely on the same secure sign in service with the financial institution that you have used for many years.
Who can use this service?
Anyone who uses the online services offered by one or more of our Sign-In Partners can benefit from the service.
lnterac document verification service
What is Interac® document verification service?
The Interac document verification service helps verify your identity using your government-issued photo ID and facial biometrics to access online services that require proof of identity, including certain banking services that could otherwise require an in-person visit. Interac document verification service was built with secure technology at its core to help protect you from fraud.
To use the service, simply follow the prompts from the participating service online or through their app to take a photo of your government-issued ID and a selfie with your mobile device.
What do I use Interac document verification service for?
Interac document verification service enables you to verify you have a valid government-issued photo ID when certain online services require proof of identity. It’s an easy and secure way to help verify you are who you say you are with participating service providers, which can save you time and in-person visits.
Do I need to download an app?
No, you don’t need to download an app to use the service. The participating service provider will prompt you to use the Interac document verification service when verifying yourself online.