Interac Online for Consumers
Interac Online - shop online and pay directly from your bank account
Interac Online allows you to shop online at your favourite Canadian retailers and pay for your purchases easily, directly from your bank account.
- Immediate and secure
- Easy to use – payments are made through your existing online banking
- All you need is access to online banking through a participating financial institution
Interac Online offers you privacy, security, and spending control.
- None of your financial details, card numbers or login information are shared with the online retailer or other third parties.
- Your payment is completed through your Financial Institution, who transfer the funds to the online retailer using established and secure banking procedures.
- The Interac Online helps you better manage your finances. You pay immediately using available funds from your bank account, unlike credit cards where you may owe later.
Looking for online merchants accepting Interac Online? Click here to use our Interac Online merchant locator.
Interac Online for Merchants
Improve your bottom line and offer your customers an online payment option they’ll love.
Interac Online is an option that allows your customers to pay for goods and services online, directly from their bank account. By offering the Interac Online option you give your customers yet another way to pay for their goods and services – online, safely and securely.
Interac Online is a cost effective way to increase your sales and will integrate seamlessly into your online presence and current payment systems.
Any consumer who uses online banking at any of thes financial institutions can use Interac Online. That represents about 8 million Canadians – a number that increases every day.
The low-cost benefits of offering Interac Online:
- No authentication costs –. Financial Institutions authenticate your customers and withdraw the funds from their account in real time so you know the funds are good and can fulfill the order right away.
- Competitive fees – Interac Online is less expensive per transaction than most competing consumer payment options.
- Special pricing – flat fees have been developed for government, education and charities.
- Lower PCI compliance costs – there’s no private data to store, therefore, no cost to you.
- No chargebacks – from consumers claiming they didn’t authorize the payment
Interested in providing Interac Online as a payment option to your customers?
To offer Interac Online to your customers, your first step is to contact a participating Payment Service Provider