Interac Debit for Consumers
Interac Debit – instant access to your money.
Interac Debit is a secure electronic payment option that allows you to use your debit card to instantly access the funds in your bank account when you are paying for products or services at a merchant or retailer.
Interac Debit is simple to use and widely available:
- Pay for things without carrying cash, and when you don’t want to owe later with credit.
- You can use Interac Debit at any participating merchant across Canada; from convenience stores to specialty clothing shops to gas stations.
Look for the Interac logo or simply ask the merchant if they provide Interac Debit as a payment option.
At participating locations you have the additional option of getting cash back with your purchase.
- Allows you to make a purchase using Interac Debit and also receive cash from your account, all in one transaction.
- Merchants who offer Interac Debit as a payment option can also offer "cashback".
- Simply request additional cash to be debited from your account, on top of your purchase.
For example, if you make a purchase for $15 and tell the merchant you want an additional $40 from your account. You receive your $15 purchase along with the $40 in cash, for a total transaction amount of $55.
Interac Debit for Merchants
Interac Debit - Increase your efficiency and profitability with a secure payment option you can trust.
Interac Debit is a secure and convenient electronic payment option that allows your customers to use their Interac debit card to make purchases.
- One of the lowest cost payment products for merchants, often lower than cash.
- Gives your customers instant access to the funds in their bank account.
- Available to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so it can be available to your customers during your normal business hours.
- Easily installed on its own or with an upgrade to existing payment terminals to include a PIN pad and the addition of some software.
Interested in offering Interac Debit to your customers?
Get started by speaking to an Interac Acquiring Member (service provider) who offers the Interac Debit Service.