Make it easy for consumers to access their money
When customers need cash in a hurry, they look for the closest Automated Banking Machine (ABM). As a merchant offering the Interac Cash service, you provide consumers with direct access to their cash, any time during your regular business hours.
To begin the transaction at an ABM, the cardholder inserts a valid debit card.
- Cardholders enter their confidential Personal Identification Number (PIN)
- Identify the account from which funds should be withdrawn and enter the amount needed
- The cardholder presses the "OK" button to proceed with the transaction
- Once the transaction is approved, the ABM dispenses the funds and a printed record of the transaction is made available
- The cardholder retrieves their card and the printed record of the transaction.
Interac Association members may choose to apply a surcharge for transactions made using Interac services. A surcharge is a fee charged to consumers by the owner of the ABM terminal.