Senior Manager, Vendor Management OfficeReports to: AVP, Operations
Department: Operations, Security, Technology and Fraud
Status: Full-Time Permanent
Incorporating operations and outsourcing industry best practices, the Senior Manager, VMO, will help design, build and lead an IT Vendor Management Office focused on contract performance, service management, relationship management and alignment with the outsourcing model strategy in the context of a complex multi-vendor environment. The Senior Manager, VMO, will have ownership of core accountabilities, which include contract management, contract financial management, issue and dispute management, contract governance, multi-service provider integration, service request management and outsourcing strategy/objectives. As part of the deal team, this person will support the transition and evolution of current outsourcing contracts to align with the organization’s business objectives. They will need to ensure that VMO provides cohesive support and close integration with all outsourcing contract stakeholders and multiple vendors. The long term goal will be to leverage the VMO to drive continuous service improvement and the outsourcing maturity of the organization.
Build the Team/Processes/Tools:
- Build and establish a team of VMO professionals consisting of both dedicated members and those employees across the Operations business unit who continue to perform specific aspects of vendor management work.
- Manage the short, medium and long term resourcing needs of the VMO to ensure successful service delivery.
- Ensure integration of VMO processes within Operations, the business unit and across the organization.
- Build/improve rigorous systems/processes to support customers.
- Develop/refine interaction model with key business units and document roles and responsibilities.
- Working closely in consultation with Legal, establish and manage IT contract life-cycle, provide support to the Product group in the development of new vendor relationships/contracts and ensure alignment with underpinning contract terms and existing Legal processes.
- Manage and track obligations, contract compliance, and deliverable acceptance.
- Working closely in consultation with Finance and Product, manage contract budgets, provide measures of total cost of ownership for each service and ensure alignment with existing budget processes.
- Verify rate and volume/invoice charges/confirm and recommend payment.
- Assist with benchmarking process.
- Establish and lead an effective three-tier multi-vendor governance model.
- Provide leadership role to ensure an internally cohesive and integrated approach to vendor governance.
- Prepare agendas, develop meeting materials and follow-up, track issues and actions.
Issue & Dispute Management:
- Track resolution of issues/report on issues/archive issues.
- Create and manage issues/escalation management process, perform dispute resolution.
- Develop and maintain cross-service provider standards and procedures.
- Define joint performance metrics, track and report end-to-end SLAs.
- Develop, negotiate, draft and execute OLAs.
- Consolidate end-to-end service provider SLA and OLA reporting.
Outsourcing Strategic Planning:
- Provide strategic input on outsourcing arrangements, maintain strategic partnership with vendors.
- Ensure alignment between organization’s business strategy and outsourcing objectives.
- Correlate outsourcing savings against the business case targets.
- Manage multiple vendor relationships from the perspective of service delivery and accountability and ensure effective interactions with internal stakeholders.
- Utilize active communication, increase transparency and trust, maintain and foster relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Evaluate, formulate and implement strategies to improve client / supplier relationships and engagement.
Service Performance Management:
- Build disciplined capabilities to monitor, track and report on vendor compliance with negotiated service level agreements (SLAs) and key performance indicators (KPIs), proactively identify performance issues and work with Operations to develop effective resolution processes.
- Establish effective SLA/KPI change management processes.
- Act as point of escalation for service delivery or performance issues; perform SLA escalation in cases of persistent breach.
- Facilitate service provider customer satisfaction surveys.
Service Request Management:
- Manage end-to-end process for new service requests from across the organization (i.e. service change requests, project change requests and SOWs), work cross-functionally to ensure close integration with business requirements from Business Systems, Release and Planning, technical specifications from Technology and Architecture and operational requirements from Operations.
- Analyze new services against the underpinning contract to provide negotiating levers and ensure consistency against contract terms.
- Facilitate contract negotiations and integrate approved service requests into all vendor management processes, tools, service levels and reporting.
- Assist the AVP, Operations in the preparation of Operations Risk Assessments for new products/services.
- As a senior member of the Operations management team provide leadership, coaching and mentoring to the other Operations Managers in their interaction with the VMO.
- Contribute to Continual Service Improvement practices in all operations areas – create and maintain value for customers through better design, introduction and operation of services, linking improvement efforts and outcomes with strategy, design, transition and operation of the services.
- Assist the AVP, Operations in the preparation of Board papers as required.
- Provide additional management support to the functions of the business unit and the organization, as required.
- Lead/participate in organization work projects as required.
- Strong, adaptive leadership skills, with key ability to build partnership and consensus, achieve win-win solutions and align values with vision, balanced with the ability to ensure vendors adhere to contract terms and establish rigorous processes for monitoring and reporting performance standards.
- Ability to delegate effectively and build accountability while anticipating opportunities/problems and present effective solutions.
- Ability to implement vision, set clear direction and translate that into challenging team goals.
- Client-focused and process-driven, ability to build loyalty and trust by proactively anticipating needs/resolving issues.
- Strong planning, analytical & critical thinking, organizational, change management, team leadership, meeting management and facilitation skills.
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills, ability to anticipate opportunities/problems and present effective solutions.
- Strong negotiation and conflict management skills, ability to negotiate with clients in interest based fashion and solve conflicts in a constructive fashion.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to deal internal stakeholders and multiple suppliers.
- Solid knowledge of relationship management practices, diplomatic, with the demonstrated ability to build sustainable working relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to work collaboratively with vendor partners to find joint solutions to complex business problems.
- Proven ability to build and manage multi-disciplinary teams supported by strong knowledge of team management standards, service design and strategy methodologies, tools, processes and best practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated people management skills is a must.
- Sound knowledge of payments industry coupled with knowledge of INTERAC products and services would be an asset.
- Ability to work under pressure, with ambiguity and in the context of committed delivery schedules.
- Significant experience in progressively responsible operations and technology positions, including service life cycles (strategy, design, transition, operation and continuous service improvement).
- Strong understanding of payments system technology and ability to express technology matters in business terms.
Professional Experience & Education
- 5 – 10 years experience in strategic sourcing, contract negotiation, competitive price analysis, supplier relationship management and performance.
- Experience in client service environment, operations service support and service delivery would be an asset.
- Experience with leading sourcing practices including supplier performance scorecard.
- Demonstrated ability to build sustainable, transparent relationships / partnerships.
- University degree and postgraduate qualifications, or equivalent combination of education and IT Operations service experience.
- Project Management certification would be an asset.
- ITIL Foundations Certification.
- Extensive experience managing and coordinating internal and external stakeholder groups for proven service delivery. Demonstrated experience working successfully in an environment involving multiple stakeholders with competing objectives.
- Experience in payment card industry would be a definite asset.
I'm looking for a ...
Subscribe to our e-newsletter