and Multi-Year Plan
The 2014-2021 Accessibility Policy and Multi-Year Plan (the "Accessibility Policy") outlines the policies that Interac Association/Acxsys Corporation (the "Organization") will follow to achieve accessibility and meet the needs of persons with disabilities, as required under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005(the "AODA").
Statement of Commitment
The Organization is committed to:
- identifying existing barriers to accessibility for both customers and employees;
- providing customers with disabilities an equal opportunity to access the Organization's products and services;
- providing employees with disabilities reasonable accommodation and access to opportunities;
- providing information to persons with disabilities in an accessible format; and
- meeting these commitments in a timely manner.
The Organization will provide training to employees and contract workers on the requirements of the AODA and the Ontario Human Rights Code as it relates to persons with disabilities.
The Organization will take the following steps to ensure employees and contract workers are provided with the training noted above by January 1, 2015:
- develop and implement a training program to inform employees, both new and existing, of the opportunities and accommodations available to persons with disabilities;
- ensure all employees and contract workers are trained on such program, as soon as practicable; and
- keep a record of when the training was provided and to whom.
Information and Communications
The Organization will ensure that its published content is accessible to persons with disabilities and meets the requirements of the AODA by taking the following steps, by the dates outlined below:
- develop a process to receive and respond to feedback from persons with disabilities, by January 1, 2015; and
- develop a process to provide or arrange for the provision of accessible formats of published content to persons with disabilities in a timely manner, by January 1, 2016.
Accessible Websites and Web Content
The Organization will take the following steps to make sure its internet websites and web content conform, where practicable, with the World Wide Web Consortium Web Content Accessibility Guidelines ("WCAG") 2.0 Level AA by January 1, 2021:
- new internet websites and web content will conform with WCAG 2.0 Level A by January 1, 2014; and
- all internet websites and web content will conform with WCAG 2.0 Level AA by January 1, 2021.
The Organization is committed to being an employer of choice in Ontario by creating a workplace that prevents and removes barriers to accessibility. To achieve this commitment and to comply with the requirements of the AODA, the Organization will take the following steps, by January 1, 2016:
- advise applicants during the recruitment process of the availability, upon request, of accommodation for persons with disabilities;
- provide or arrange for the provision of suitable accommodations during the recruitment process, upon request, for persons with disabilities who have been selected to participate in an assessment or selection process;
- advise applicants when making offers of employment of the Organization's policies for accommodating persons with disabilities;
- inform current and new employees, as soon as practicable, of the Accessibility Policy;
- provide or arrange for the provision of accessible formats and communication supports, upon request, necessary for persons with disabilities to perform their job;
- provide individualized workplace emergency response information to persons with disabilities;
- develop a written process to assess persons with disabilities and to develop and document individual accommodation plans, provided that the Organization is aware of the need for such accommodation;
- develop and document a return to work process for employees who have been absent from work due to a disability;
- develop a process to factor the accessibility needs of an employee, including any applicable individual accommodation plans, when conducting performance reviews; and
- factor in an employee's accessibility needs, including any applicable individual accommodation plans, when redeploying employees with disabilities.
To request an accessible format of the Accessibility Policy, please contact us at: email@example.com